Ortho Amino Phenol
Chemical Name: Ortho Amino Phenol
Other Names: O-hydroxyaniline, 2-Amino Phenol, 1-Amino-2-hydroxybenzene;
Molecular Weight: 109
CAS No.: 95-55-6
MDL No.: MFCD00007690
1. Appearance: White or light gray crystalline powder.
2. Melting point: 170~174℃
3. Octanol / water partition coefficient: 0.52~0.62
4. Solubility: Soluble in cold water, ethanol, benzene and ether
Properties and stability
2. Forbidden compounds: strong oxidant, acyl chloride, anhydride, acids, chloroform
3. Avoid exposure to heat
4. The harm of polymerization: not polymerization
Store in a cool and ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat source. The package is sealed. It should be stored separately from oxidants, acids and edible chemicals, and avoid mixed storage. Fire fighting equipment of corresponding variety and quantity shall be provided. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain the leakage.
The synthesis method
O-nitrochlorobenzene, liquid alkali, hydrochloric acid and hydrochloric acid were used as raw materials. The intermediate product o-nitrophenol was obtained by distillation, and then o-nitrophenol was hydrogenated with hydrogen to produce o-aminophenol under certain temperature and pressure using palladium carbon as catalyst and ethanol as solvent;
1. Dye intermediates, used in the manufacture of sulfur dyes, azo dyes, fur dyes and fluorescent whitening agent EB, etc. In pesticide industry, it is used as raw material of insecticide phoxim.
2. It is mainly used for making acid mordant Blue R, sulfurized yellow brown, etc. it can also be used as fur dye. In the cosmetics industry, it is used to make hair dyes (as coordination dyes).
3. Determination of silver and tin and verification of gold. It is the intermediate of diazo dyes and sulfur dyes.
4. Used to make dyestuff, medicine and plastic curing agent.